Dr. Jayashree Shivaji Pachpute
Co-Principal Investigator,Pune Sub Campus Center
- B. Tech. (Agril. Engg) with CGPA 3.15/4.00, securing First Class from MPKV, Rahuri (June, 1988)
- M.Tech. (IDE) with CGPA 3.85/4.00 securing Gold Medal & Distinction from MPKV, Rahuri (June, 1990)
- Ph. D. (IWM) with CGPA 3.60/4.00 from MPUAT, Udaipur (July 2002)
- Post Doc. (Land and Water Productivity) International Water Management Institute, Pretoria, SA(Feb,2009)
Summary of Experience (as on 12-12-2017)
- In the cadre of Assistant Professor: 12 Years ,
- In the cadre of Associate Professor: 3 Years and 4 months
Teaching and Learning
- Taught various subjects to graduate and postgraduate students and performed other related tasks such as exam paper setting/ examining/ evaluation of students at MPKV, Rahuri.
- Recognized University teacher to supervise/ guide Doctoral (Ph.D.) and Post Graduate Students of MPKV, Rahuri and Sokoine Agricultural University, Morogoro, Tanzania.
- Guided International Students: Total -18 students, As major advisor: 2 Ph.D. students & 3 M.Sc. students, As Co-advisor: 2 Ph. D. Students & 5 M. Sc. students and as Research mentor (IWMI) :2 Ph. D. students & 4 M.Sc. Students
- Guided Indian students: Total-8 students, 2 M. Tech Students and 2 B. Tech. projects (7 students) from MPKV, Rahuri
- Expert Faculty for Farmers Study Tour to European Countries
- Head, Studies Abroad Guidance Cell, College of Agriculture,Pune year 2010-2014
- Participation in the course curricula development of different subjects as per different state level committees ICAR’s IV Dean, V Dean
Member of academic/ education and research related statutory bodies
- Board of Studies in Irrigation and Drainage Engineering, MPKV, Rahuri (Invited Member) since 2003.
Fellow /Life member of Professional Societies(India)
- Life member of the Institution of Engineers (India)
- Life member of the Indian Water Resources Society
- Life member of the Indian Association of Hydrologists
- Life member of the Indian Society of Agricultural Engineering
Externally Funded Projects
- Principal Investigator- RKVY project, Rain-runoff water harvesting storage tanks for Smallholder Farming Systems, Developmental Research and Outreach, Total Outlay: 119 lakhs.
- Post Doctoral Scientist (Land and Water Productivity)- Smallholder System Innovation Program: Strategies of water for food and environmental security in drought prone tropical and sub-tropical agro-ecosystems of Pangani (Tanzania) and Thukela (South Africa) river basins of Africa, Funded by SIDA. Research, Guidance, Outreach, Project management. Total Outlay, IWMI component: 300 lakhs.
- Principal Investigator- RS and GIS based Decision Support System for Integrated Irrigation Planning of Mula Irrigation Command Area, Rahuri funded by ICAR, Research. Total outlay 36.20 lakhs
- Co-investigator, Characterization of Groundwater Pollution Hazards of Rahuri Sugar Factory, Shri Shivajinagar, Research, Total outlay 9.00 lakhs.
- Research Papers in Journals: 24
- Papers presented in conferences/seminars: 30
- Full length Research Papers in the Proceedings of Conferences/Seminars: 5
- Books: 4, Booklets: 5
- Jindal Gold Medal for securing highest CGPA in MTech
- Ford foundation Fellowship for South Asian Women Researcher for PhD
- Distinguished Service Award by Indian Society of Agril. Engineers, 2004-05
- Post Doctoral Fellowship, International Water Management Institute
- Best Poster Award for Research paper, International Seminar on Global Climate Change: Implications for Agriculture and Water Sectors held at WALMI Aurangabad.