Dr. Vaibhav Somnath Malunjkar
Research Associate (SWCE)
B.Tech. (Ag.Engg.), M. Tech. (SWE), Ph. D. (SWCE)
- B. Tech. (Agril. Engg) with CGPA 7.32/10, from MPKV, Rahuri (2008)
- M.Tech. (SWE) with CGPA 9.01/10 from UAS, Raichur, Karnataka (2010) with First Rank and Gold medals
- Ph. D.(SWCE) with CGPA 8.21/10from MPKV, Rahuri (2018)with an award of INSPIRE Fellowship, Govt. of India
Summary of Experience(as on 31.12.2018)
- In the cadre of Research Associate,Jain Irrigation Systems Ltd., Jalgaon: 01Year
- In the cadre of Sr. Executive, Jain Irrigation Systems Ltd., Jalgaon: 01Year and 01 month
- In the cadre of Academic Head, Spatial Earth, Nashik: 04 Years 19 Days
- In the cadre ofSr. Research Fellow (ICAR-IWMI Project) MPKV Rahuri: 10 Months 07 Days
Research activities and contribution
- Design and development of Material mixture and Media siever, implements useful for vegetable nursery management at IIHR Banglore training (June 2006).
- Member of editorialboard for National Seminar Proceedings organized by The Institution of Engineers, Ahmednagar Local Center, India (Sept. 5-6, 2013).
- Member of editorialboard for National Seminar Proceedings organized by The Institution of Engineers, Ahmednagar Local Center, India (Aug. 8-9, 2014).
- Designed and developed software, “Phule Runoff Estimator” and approved (Joint-Agresco Recommendation) by Mahatma Phule Krishi Vidyapeeth, Rahuri, Maharashtra (2015).
Life Member of Professional Societies
- Institution of Engineers (India)
- Indian Society of Agricultural Engineers (ISAE)
- Research Papers in Journal:09
- Full length Research Papers in the Proceedings of Conferences/Seminars: 08
- Autor’s of Books/Technical Bulletins: 01
- Editorial Committee Member of Books: 02
- Best Oral Presentation Award at National Seminar on Recent Trends in Plant Sciences and Agricultural Research, Solapur (Jan., 2018).
- Best Oral Presentation Award at National level conference on Industry, Academia and Environmental challenges, Pune (Dec., 2017).
- Promising Engineer Award 2016 from ALC, Institution of Engineers (IEI), India (Sept., 2016).
- INSPIRE Fellowship for Pursuing Doctoral Programme from Department of Science and Technology, GOI, New Delhi (Jan., 2012).
- University Gold Medal and Late Shri. T.G. YavagalMemorial Gold Medal for M.Tech (Ag.Engg.) at University of Agricultural Sciences Raichur, Karnataka (April, 2011).
- Gold Medal for Spot Painting, Gold Medal for Rangoli, Silver Medal for Poster Making and General championship in All India Inter Agricultural University Youth Festival (Feb., 2010).
- First Prize in Spot Painting and Poster Making in Inter collegiate Youth Festival held at UASRaichur, Karnataka (Dec., 2009) and awarded as “University Blue” for the 11th All India Inter Agricultural University Youth Festival.
- Qualified in Intermediate Drawing Examination, Government of Maharashtra (Sept., 2000).
Special topics of interest:
- RS and GIS applications in Water Resource management.
- Hydrological modelling